Lessons in the wild
Our offer for secondary education
Where can you personally experience what biomes are? Where do you see how plants have adapted to the climate? And where else can you go out along hundreds of millions of years of evolution? In Meise Botanic Garden of course.
Create your own half-day or full-day programme, combining an interactive workshop, a guided walk or a self-prepared assignment.
A well-prepared visit is a successful visit
● With 92 hectares, the Botanic Garden is very large. It is impossible to see the whole Botanic Garden in one visit. Make sure to plan your visit thoroughly. Think carefully about what you want to do and what you want your pupils to remember from the visit. We encourage you to plan your visit around a specific theme. Also keep in mind that you might have walk long distances.
● Do you want to follow a workshop or tour? Consider that a workshop takes 2 to 3 hours and a tour 1.5 to 2 hours, and also take into account arrival, toilet breaks, and suchlike. Preferably set aside a whole day for your visit, and at least 2.5 hours. In that case, you can visit the Botanic Garden with your pupils independently, before or after the activity.
● Ensure that you arrive at the Botanic Garden on time. Keep in mind the possibility of traffic congestion or delays.
● You can picnic at the designated location at the Garden Shop. Pupils can also buy drinks there (no obligation!). If you prefer a covered picnic location, please let us know when you book your visit.
● Let us know in advance if there are any pupils with a physical disability, then we will adapt as best as possible.
Every school visit, whether independently or accompanied by Botanic Garden guides, must be booked in advance. This is the only way we can avoid being overwhelmed, especially in the busy months of May, September, and October.
Make your reservation here
Of course, we’d like to hear what you and your pupils thought of your visit. Your feedback helps us to improve our offer for schools. So please let us know – you can do that here.