Want to learn and have fun?
Our offer for primary education
Combine an educational workshop or guided tour with a few hours of play, a trip on the raft, or a visit to the castle. Success guaranteed!
Devise your own activity or let yourself be guided by our experienced guides and animators. They are happy to adapt to the level and interests of your pupils.
A well-prepared visit is a successful visit!
● With 92 hectares, the Botanic Garden is very large. It is impossible to see the whole Botanic Garden in one visit. Make sure to plan your visit thoroughly. Think carefully about what you want to do and what you want your pupils to remember from the visit. We encourage you to plan your visit around a specific theme. Also keep in mind that you might have walk long distances.
● Do you want to follow a workshop or tour? Consider that a workshop takes 2 to 3 hours and a tour 1.5 to 2 hours, and also take into account arrival, toilet breaks, and suchlike. Preferably set aside a whole day for your visit, and at least 2.5 hours. In that case, you can visit the Botanic Garden with your pupils independently, before or after the activity.
● Ensure that you arrive at the Botanic Garden on time. Keep in mind the possibility of traffic congestion or delays.
● You can picnic at the designated location at the Garden Shop. Pupils can also buy drinks there (no obligation!). If you prefer a covered picnic location, please let us know when you book your visit.
● Let us know in advance if there are any pupils with a physical disability, then we will adapt as best as possible.
Every school visit, whether independently or accompanied by Botanic Garden guides, must be booked in advance. This is the only way we can avoid being overwhelmed, especially in the busy months of May, September, and October.
Of course, we’d like to hear what you and your pupils thought of your visit. Your feedback helps us to improve our offer for schools. So please let us know.