Timothée Le Péchon
|Research scientist, Evolution of vascular plants
Phone: +32 2 260 09 70
Google Scholar | ResearchGate | ORCID | Twitter: @ Tim_LePechon |
My research interests are focused on the evolution, the origin and the systematics of vascular plants. I am particularly interested in understanding patterns and processes occurring in island radiations. I use a holistic approach combining morpho-anatomical characters with molecules to reconstruct phylogenetic relationships that constitute the temporal framework of my research. I worked on various taxonomic groups (e.g., ferns, orchids) with a special emphasis on the two subfamilies of the cocoa family: Sterculioideae (e.g., genera Cola, Sterculia) and Dombeyoideae (e.g., Dombeya, Ruizia and Trochetia). Using the phylogenetic relationships, I infer evolutionary history of particular characters/interactions (e.g. breeding systems, pollinator/plant interactions), biogeographical patterns and taxonomic treatments.
- PhD, Pierre et Marie Curie (now Sorbonne University), Paris, France, 2009.
- MSc “Systematics, Evolution and Palaeontology”, Pierre et Marie Curie (now Sorbonne University), Paris, France, 2005.
- Research scientist, Meise Botanic Garden, 2005 – ongoing
- Lecturer, Sorbonne University, Paris, France, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of KwaZulu Natal, Ghent, Belgium, 2014-2016
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chengdu, China, 2011-2013
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of la Réunion, St Denis, France, 2009-2011
A list of externally funded projects + links to project page
Associate editor: Botany Letters (2020 - ongoing)
FRIS Research Portal