Give a hand
Become a volunteer at the Botanic Garden
Do you love plants with all of your heart? Becoming a volunteer in the Botanic Garden is a fantastic way to increase your knowledge about plants, meet new people, and share your expertise with others.
Do you want to join our team as a volunteer?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the next info session for candidate volunteers.
Still not convinced?
We have volunteers of all ages. Green fingers or a scientific background are welcome, but certainly not required. And we can use your help all year round, both on week days and during weekends.
• You can roll up your sleeves in the greenhouses and gardens: repotting, planting, weeding ...
• You can guide visitors, man a booth during events, carry out surveys …
• If you are a handy do-it-yourselfer, you can help with the construction of our events.
• You can assist in the herbarium or you can help one of our researchers with a specific task.
You’ll work together with experts from the Botanic Garden. If necessary, we can provide you with guidance or training.
Thank you for your commitment
Quality and customer-friendliness are of paramount importance to Botanic Garden Meise. We expect the same from our volunteers and we count on you spending regularly a half or full day for a period of at least 3 months.
As a volunteer, you will get free entrance to the public parts of the Botanic Garden for yourself and 3 people who can accompany you. In addition, you’ll receive some special benefits:
• Invitations to lectures, New Year’s reception, staff barbecue, ...
• 3 exclusive discovery activities per year
• 20% discount on all items in the Garden Shop
• 20% discount on workshops or courses organized by the Botanic Garden
• Meals in the staff canteen at the employee rate
• 10% discount in the Orangery
• Transport allowance