Give a hand
Would you like to volunteer in Meise Botanic Garden?
Would you like to dedicate your time, energy and knowledge to the mission of the Botanic Garden?
We are looking for volunteers for the following tasks:
- Visitor welcome: various tasks such as providing information, conducting surveys and supervising (childrens’) activities during our events.
- Gardening: you will help our gardeners with the maintenance of the plant collections, both in the greenhouses and outside.
- Guidance in the Culinary Garden: you assist persons with disabilities in working in the Culinary Garden. Experience is a plus. Or you help our educational staff supervise activities with primary school classes.
How do you become a volunteer in the Botanic Garden?
Normally we start up volunteers again in autumn and then organise information sessions for candidate volunteers.
We invite you to the next info session.
Thank you very much for your efforts!
Being a volunteer in the Botanic Garden is a great way to learn about plants, meet new people and share your knowledge with others.
In return for your dedication, we will give you the following benefits:
- Free entrance for yourself and 3 people who can come with you
- Transport allowance
- Invitations for lectures, New Year's reception, staff barbecue, ...
- 3 exclusive discovery activities
- 20% discount in the Garden Shop
- 20% discount on workshops or courses organized by the Botanic Garden
- Meals in the staff restaurant at staff rate