Plant a Light-up-the-Valley flower
1 Dec-30 DecMeise Botanic Garden
Meise Botanic Garden invites you to add light to these dark days. The days are getting shorter and our loved ones are not as close as we would like right now. Meise Botanic Garden needs your help to create a dreamscape for those of us struggling now. You will also be supporting a good cause through your purchase!
Purchase one or more Light-up-the-Valley flowers. These illuminated lily-of-the-valley flowers will create a beautiful dreamscape in the Rose Garden throughout December to relax and reflect on loved ones and friends who are struggling or someone you are missing.
- If you purchase a Light-up-the-Valley flower before 1 pm, the Botanic Garden will personalise a flower with your name or message the following day for you to admire in the Rose Garden dreamscape.
- Even if you do not (immediately) visit the Botanic Garden, you can purchase a Light-up-the-Valley flower. Perhaps you can admire your flower another time or surprise someone with your message.
When you buy a Light-up-the-Valley flower:
- you help create a magical place to reflect in the Botanic Garden during the darkest months of the year;
- you support a good cause: Villa Veerkracht; and
- you will be participating in the light installation for the 2021 WinterFloridylle
Our target = 4000 Light-up-the-Valley flower!
Will you help?
- You can only buy the Light-up-the-Valley flowers online.
- After your purchase you will receive an email within the day with the necessary information on how to pass on your personal message.
- Your Light-up-the-Valley flower will be placed by employees of the Botanical Garden as from 1 December.
‘Villa Veerkracht’ of UZ Brussel
‘Villa Veerkracht’ is a place that offers psychological and emotional support for the caregivers and other staff of UZ Brussel. All employees can relax here in this safe place. A team of clinical psychologists guide them through the healing process, with the aid of their resident cats Misty, Luna and Chris. This relaxation area that is vital. Caregivers can empty their heads here after moments of extreme stress, relax for a while, express emotions and share experiences. A place to recharge.
Meise Botanic Garden fully supports this initiative. The Botanic Garden is a place where many visitors come to relax and unwind. We realize the importance and value of destressing in these troubled times. That is why the Botanic Garden will donate all of the proceedings of the sale to 'Villa Veerkracht' of UZ Brussel.
Unfortunately, the 2020 edition of WinterFloridylle will not take place. We attempted to create a down-sized version of the event without catering, fire pits and marshmallows, but soon realized that this would lose the festive effect. Also, fighting the pandemic and the health of our visitors and employees is paramount.
We eagerly look forward to the 2021 Winter Floridylle! We already have an idea for an enchanting light installation with 4000 Light-up-the-Valley flowers. So you can admire your Light-up-the-Valley flower twice: this year at the beautiful dreamscape garden and next year as one of the enchanting light installations of the 2021 WinterFloridylle.