The Night of Wings
On Saturday 24 August the Botanic Garden remains open until midnight for a romantic nocturne full of winged creatures: moths, bats, but also night bloomers… and picnicking under the star-spangled sky!
On Sunday 25 August you can enjoy an dew walk in the early morning or completely surrender to nature during forest bathing.
In short, a weekend full of relaxing, informative and fun activities. Spread your wings!
Saturday 24 August
Start: 2:00 pm
- Café Herbier at the 'Pachthof', with drinks, cozy atmosphere, fire bowls... and tasty southern snacks!
- Botanivan, our plant lab on wheels. Discover the wonderful microworld of winged creatures
- Gardenshop: Taste the refreshing Hibiscus drinks
- Plant Palace, a magic visit in the evening
- Picnicking on the lawn. Bring your own picnic and blanket. You can buy drinks at Café Herbier
- Exhibition ‘Moths in the spotlights’ near the Bee House
- The Orangery is open with a summer bar on the terrace with summer music, barbecue, ice creams, cocktails and atmospheric lighting.
2:00 pm - 8:30 pm: Children activities on the former farmstead ‘Pachthof’:
- make and launch (if there is enough wind) kites ,
- reproduce your own blueprint (the very first technique for printing photographs from 1942),
- create your own flower perfume
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Have your picture taken by our photographer-in-residence Maarten Strack
3:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Listen to a beautiful fairytale from the Florofoon
3:00 pm - 3:40 pm
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm
5:30 pm - 6:10 pm
7:30 pm - 8:10 pm
8:30 pm - 12:00 pm: The Walk of Wings
- Join our moth enthusiast and discover how to catch moths (to release them afterwards!)
- Visit one of our ice cellars, a favourite hiding place for bats
- Join the bat guide to see and hear bats
Sunday 25 August
- 6:00 am - 9:00 am: Dew walk and (optional) breakfast. Click here for more info and reservation.
- 6:30 am - 9:30 am: Forest bathing. Click here for more info and reservation. (activity only in Dutch)
- 9:30 am - 11 AM: Breakfast
The Orangery serves a delicious breakfast for the enthusiasts.
- Fruit juice,
- 2 cups of coffee or tea,
- 2 rolls and 1 pastry
- ham, cheese, jam
- bacon and eggs
€ 15 per person
A Ttcket for the Botanic Garden is not included in price for the breakfast.
Booking in advance is required. Send an email to email@example.com.