German version will follow soon
Since we want to make sure you have a pleasant visit while protecting our plants as much as possible, we would ask you to please comply with the following rules:
- No animals are allowed onto the grounds, apart from guide dogs.
- Visitors are not allowed to practice any sporting activities (cycling, roller skating, jogging, riding scooters, etc.). However, very small children who are still riding around at low speed on balance bikes or bikes with stabilisers are allowed.
- Visitors may not walk on frozen ponds. On the other hand, we would not wish to prevent any child from sledding on snow-covered paths and grassy areas.
- Visitors come to the Botanic Garden for the peace and quiet, so playing musical instruments and listening to radios, etc. are prohibited.
- You may of course walk, sit and relax on the grass. Feel free to read a book and enjoy a picnic. But we think sunbathing is going a bit too far. Be careful: the grassy areas can be quite waterlogged and marshy in some areas.
- You can also enjoy your picnic at the picnic tables located in the courtyard of the Pachthof (the old farmstead) or at the specially designated tables on the terrace of the Orangery.
- Please make sure to throw all your rubbish in the bins located near the exit.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings.
- No cigarette butts on the ground please.
- Please do not feed the animals (geese, etc.).
- Plants, labels, structures and infrastructure must not be damaged or moved.
- Visitors may not collect plant parts or take away cuttings, seeds, fruits or any parts of plants for the purpose of growing or replicating them. Anyone found engaging in such activities will be fined.
- Taking pictures or filming for commercial purposes is only allowed with the written permission of the management. Anyone asked to produce such authorisation must do so.
- All signs must be obeyed at all times.
- Instructions given by the Botanic Garden guards or other personnel (recognisable by their staff badges) must be obeyed at all times.
By visiting the grounds you tacitly agree with these rules.