- Records are retrieved on basis of the selected fields.
- Entries can be either a word or a character string, either upper or lower case.
- Multiple search criteria should be separated by a "|".
- The character "^" can be used to search for all names starting with a specified character string.
- Scientific name: corresponds to the scientific plant name (excluding authorities) or family name.
- Provenance: corresponds to the site where the plant or seed material has been collected.
- Source: correponds to the donor of the plant material.
- Accession Number: Unlike the other fields, entry must be entire and unique. For example, 19391807 or 19922246-95.
Note: Information in both Provenance and Source can be written in different languages. Nevertheless, names of countries are generally mentioned in English.
Examples: Check out some examples of queries.